I truly feel that pediatric dentistry is my calling! I strive to treat my patients and their families with respect, compassion, honesty, kindness, and understanding. There is nothing more satisfying at the end of each day than seeing the child that came in fearful, anxious, and teary to my office and left happy, confident, and smiling!
I find the interactions with my patients to be refreshing and intriguing. I enjoy their curiosity, spontaneity, honesty, and intelligence. I love talking to each child at their level… every level! From babies who try to communicate using their facial expressions, to toddlers who start forming strong opinions about the world around them, to school age kids that start developing a social life. Not to mention the preteens who are on the road to self-discovery, and the young adults who are ready to spread their wings to independence and responsibility.
As a parent myself, I understand the desire to do the best for your children. I want to be a partner with parents on that quest. I love establishing relationships with families and watching kids go through all the stages of growing up and becoming responsible, respectful individuals. Not only am I interested in their oral health, but also their overall health as well as their emotional well-being. This is because what goes on in each child’s life translates to how they behave when they sit in the dental chair.
My staff and I are committed to treating every child with respect, understanding, and empathy to help them build a positive attitude towards dental care.
I knew I wanted to work with children from a young age. My initial inspiration was to become a pediatrician, but fate let me to dental school. I was a very fearful child in the medical and dental setting. So I knew early on I wanted to work with children and make their dental experience as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
- National University of Athens, Greece, Doctor of Dental Surgery (1989)
- University of Minnesota, Graduate Program in Pediatric Dentistry (1991)
- University of Minnesota, Master of Science (1992)
- University of Minnesota, Fellowship in Pediatric Dentistry (1993-1994)
- University of Minnesota, Clinical Assistant Professor in Pediatric Dentistry (1991-1996)
- American Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Association – Member and Delegate
- Minneapolis District Dental Society
- Has served in -Executive Council- Nominating Committee-Program Committee
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Minnesota Academy of Pediatric Dentistry – President (2000)
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry – College of Diplomates Board Certified (1999), Recertified 2009
- International Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- International College of Dentists
Outside the Office
I was born and raised in Greece. I have made Minnesota my home away from home after I came here to attend the University of Minnesota to study pediatric dentistry. I met my husband here, who also happens to be from Greece! We have two wonderful adult sons. One has started his career as a software engineer and the other is finishing his studies in computer science. While all of our extended family is in Greece, we have amazing group of friends that have become like family over the years.
Food is such a central part of Greek culture, so I love to feed people! Most of the time, you will find me in my kitchen cooking or baking, while also striving to keep all our Greek traditions alive. I enjoy entertaining our friends and this usually includes food, music, and dancing. In my free time, I particularly enjoy taking Zumba classes.
In addition, I enjoy being involved in organized dentistry and always love giving back to my profession. In the past, I have taught at the undergraduate and graduate clinic at the U of MN and volunteered at Give Kids a Smile at Sharing and Caring Hands and MN Mission of Mercy.